These Raw Brownies are absolutely amazing. No refined sugar, flour or dairy and the best brownies you can imagine. Even my most sugar guzzling daughters ADORE them. There’s lots of room to put your own spin on this recipe – try dried cherries or raisins – use you’re favorite nuts – cashews are amazing!! and the frosting is Heavenly, thick and rich and luscious, every bit as delicious as the sugar loaded frosting of old! Honestly, give these a go with a tall glass of almond milk – I really think you’ll love them!
Vegan Raw Brownies – based on Oh She Glows Raw Brownies.
FOR THE RAW BROWNIES:
- 1 cup mixed nuts, unsalted
- 1.5 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- heaping 1/4 cup mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
FOR THE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 heaped tablespoon pure maple syrup
- tiny splash of vanilla extract
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor process the mixed nuts until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Add the pitted dates and process until finely chopped and sticky.
- Add the cacao powder, vanilla and salt and process until thoroughly combined.
- Add the further 1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts and cranberries until just combined.
- Press the mixture into prepared pan. Place in the freezer for about 1/2 an hour.
- For the glaze: Place the coconut oil over low heat in a medium pot, when the coconut oil has melted, remove from heat, then add the cacao powder, syrup, salt, and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer and pour over the chocolate topping.
- Place the the pan back in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer and slice. Enjoy.