I’ve been toying with the idea of adding more raw food not only to my diet but that of my family. I’ve been reading more and more about raw food and frankly I’ve been struck by the beauty of the raw foodists skin – they simply glow! believe me I’m not thinking about becoming a raw foodist, perhaps I could manage it for a few days in the heat of the summer but forget about it in the midst of the New York winters! However, more raw food surely is a fabulous addition to any diet and the easiest way to incorporate that is of course in a smoothie:)) I love smoothies, mostly because I can start the day off well, whipping up leafy greens, avocado, protein powder and any fruits I’m craving – perfect. I’ve noticed that if I add a healthy scoop of protein powder it does seem to keep me more satisfied for longer, I use Sun Warrior, a fabulous vegan brand.
This particular recipe has a lot of fruit as I was craving sweet, however if you’re dealing with blood sugar issues, swap out some of the fruit for maybe some cucumber, a few more leafy greens or berries instead of pineapple and peaches.
- Romaine lettuce leaves - or other leafy greens
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- frozen peaches and pineapple
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional)
- coconut water OR non dairy milk - I used almond
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blitz. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.