These energy bites are amazing. And they’re no bake. They take 5 minutes to russell up…. really – and they’re beyond good for you. They’ll give you that 4pm lift of energy that if you’re anything like me you’re so desperate for. I used to rely on Starbucks with an extra shot of caffeine, if I was really dragging I’d gobble down a packet of their chocolate covered graham crackers. Since I vowed to started eating better I’ve turned to these.
These little beauties are crammed with goodness – dates, chia seeds, hemp seeds, your favorite nuts, cocoa powder, no wonder they give you energy. They’ve got all the pow of the starbucks coffee and cookie without all the refined whack I’m trying to avoid. Try them, you’ll be amazed. Make sure you invest in good quality medjool dates to achieve that lovely fudgey quality, then put them out of sight as they’re irresistible (I ate four at one sitting).Print
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 20 Servings 1x
- Category: Healthy Snack
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 2//3 cup of your favorite nuts (pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias, walnuts)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of an orange
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Optional ideas to add or roll your energy bites in.
- cocoa nibs
- shredded coconut
- sesame seeds
- dried cranberries
- mini chocolate chips
- Place all the ingredients into the food processor and blitz really well until the mixture is mushy.
- Scoop out the mixture one tablespoon at a time, squeeze it together, then roll it in your hands to make balls.
- Roll in sesame seeds, cocoa nibs or shredded coconut if desired.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour to set, then transfer to the fridge and help yourself any time you feel those energy levels dipping!