This Broccoli and Coconut Soup should be called “happy soup” just because of the color:)
Smooth, flavorful, satisfying and full of plant goodness, this Broccoli and Coconut Soup will become a firm favorite. It’s full of vegetables and delicately spiced. Turmeric adds to the gorgeous sunshiny color:)
Coconut milk keeps the soup vegan instead of using any heavy cream. I like to add it at the end of cooking to keep it beautifully smooth. If you’re looking for a more substantial meal the soup is fantastic served with the addition of a couple of spoonfuls of cooked brown rice.
What’s in this Broccoli Soup?
It’s simply bursting with plant powered goodness, just look at the ingredients:
- vegetable broth
- coconut milk
- chilli flakes
How do I make it?
It’s just a question of simmering the base ingredients, olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, leeks, garlic, then adding the broccoli, spices and broth. Simmer for 20 minutes, blend and add the coconut milk. Taste to adjust the seasonings and enjoy.
Chunky or smooth?
Your choice. I generally like my soup blended but feel free to leave some vegetable chunks if you prefer.Print
Broccoli and Coconut Soup
A deliciously delicately spiced vegetable soup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 sticks celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 leek, thoroughly washed and finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
2 cups broccoli, fresh or FROZEN
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1, 13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil, add the onion, sprinkle over the kosher salt and cook on medium/low for 10-15 minutes until translucent.
- Add the carrots, celery, leek and garlic. Stir well to combine and cook for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the coriander, turmeric, chili flakes if using and black pepper.
- Add the broccoli, stir well. Pour over the stock, bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and partially cover the pot.
- Cook on a low simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup. Stir in the coconut milk. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Keywords: vegan, soup, coconut, broccoli,