Taste this Cherry Almond Granola and you won’t go back to the store bought stuff I promise!
Making Granola is a little like making a homemade soup, put in what you have in the cupboard and 9 times out of 10 the result is fabulous. It’s a great way to use up what you have in your pantry, save a whole load of $$$ from the store and end up with a delicious treat. Use what you have and what you love (in my case Cherry Almond Granola) and the result will be fantastic. It will also make your kitchen smell amazing whilst cooking, all that cinnamon and vanilla:)
What should I put in my Granola?
- Use GLUTEN FREE oats if needed.
- Make sure you’re using Old Fashioned Oats they crisp up better than regualr.
Nuts: Here are a few suggestions:
- goji berries
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- organic canola oil
- If you have a Silicone Baking Sheet now’s the time to use it, it helps the granola stay crunchy.
- Press the mixture firmly down into the baking sheet, it will stick together and create more clumps.
Cherry Almond Granola
A delicious, nourishing and healthy start to the day!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Cuisine: Vegan Breakfast!
- 4 cups old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of raw, organic almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of organic canola oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of best quality vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of dried cherries
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Mix the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cherries and almonds on a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix the oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and mix together thoroughly.
- Press the mixture onto a large baking tray lined with a silicone baking mat OR parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, remove and flip the granola over, return to the oven for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: vegan, granola,