This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Deep, rich, sweet, moist, fluffy. An ideal treat 🙂
You would never guess how fast and easy this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake is to whip up, it’s perfect for a quick treat or a potluck . It’s simply a question of two bowls and a quick stir. There are also options here;
- turn it into a loaf (just substitute a loaf pan)
- serve it with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar and skip the frosting
- make it into cupcakes
- substitute raisins for the chocolate chips and add some orange zest
Pumpkin is a lovely alternative to banana in baked goods. It’s a subtle flavor and produces a lovely texture, both moist and light. Don’t buy into the idea that Thanksgiving is the only time of the year to use pumpkin, it’s highly underrated especially in baked goods.
This recipe was originally found in Chloe Coscarelli’s book Chloe Flavor which I LOVE. Over the years I’ve added to and subtracted from the recipe and it’s evolved into this. My youngest daughter said it was the best cake she’s ever eaten – high praise indeed!
So how do you make this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake?
Combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Whisk up the wet ingredients in another bowl.
Combine the wet with the dy. Don’t over mix!
Add the chocolate chips. Pour into a prepared cake pan and bake.
Allow too cool.
Make the delectable frosting.
Frost and serve 🙂
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
Recipe adapted from Chloe Flavor by Chloe Coscarelli
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1, 8 inch x 8 inch cake 1x
- Category: cakes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup non dairy milk
1/2 cup melted vegan butter
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
For the frosting:
2 cups organic confectioner’s sugar
4 oz vegan butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon non dairy milk
Pre heat the oven to 350F
Lightly grease an 8 inch square cake pan or line it with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl combine the canned pumpkin, non diary milk, melted butter, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir gently. Don’t over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and combine.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Place in the oven, bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a baking rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting combine all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixture. Beat until smooth.
- If the frosting is too dry add a little more non dairy milk, if it’s too thick add a little more confectioner’s sugar.
- When the cake is completely cool, frost and enjoy.
Keywords: vegan, vegan baking
Looking for more lovely cakes? Try these…
Don’t forget to Pin it!
This post contains affiliate links.