CAN’T GET TO THE SUPERMARKET? NO PROBLEM, HERE IS A LINE UP OF FABULOUS RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE STRAIGHT FROM THE PANTRY:)
It’s at times like this that we can get really creative in the kitchen. Go shopping through your pantry and see what you have. You’ll be surprised I promise! You can whip up some really fabulous recipes with very few ingredients:)
If you have a reasonably stocked pantry the following recipes may come in handy. I hope they help and take a little stress off your shoulders. After all, a bowl of hearty nutritious and delicious soup could do everyone a world of good.
For the first time in a long while some of us find we have some “time.” This can lead to kitchen adventures that would normally not be possible with a busy schedule. How about making your own pasta for example, watching your bread dough slowly rise or creating a vegan cassoulet.
I hope you have fun with these Fabulous Pantry Recipes!
Let’s start with Breakfast!
Get creative with substitutions.
You may not have all these ingredients but I bet you have a lot:)
- Maybe you don’t have fresh berries at the moment but perhaps you have frozen?
- If not maybe you have an apple you could grate into oatmeal or pancake batter.
- A pinch of cinnamon and a splash of maple syrup is fabulous.
- Or a spoonful of jam or fruit preserve, which I think is highly underrated.
- You get the idea, “making do” can actually be delicious!
Use any dried fruit, nuts and seeds that you have available. Don’t be constrained by the suggestions in the recipe. I made this with dried pineapple which I had forgotten I had and it was wonderful!
To cut down on milk (hopefully non dairy!) make your oatmeal with water and add a dash of milk at the end. Using vanilla extract and cinnamon adds plenty of flavor and you won’t miss the milk:)
Soups are wonderful and forgiving. Use any vegetables you may have, don’t worry if they’re looking a little wilted, no one will ever know once they’re made into soup!
If you don’t have lentils use whatever you have:)
Thank Goodness for Pasta, everyone loves it and it happily sits in the pantry for years before finally going out of date. You can throw a lot at pasta and it still tastes good:)
Dried herbs are a Godsend. Look in your spice cabinet, I bet you have plenty what will liven up your pasta dishes.
There is nothing more versatile than a can of beans and almost everyone has them in their pantry. They keep for ever and cook up into a feast. Here are a few ideas for some Fabulous Pantry Recipes with beans. Again, don’t worry if you don’t have all the ingredients.
- use water instead of stock and add some dried herbs and spices
- try dried herbs and spices instead of fresh
- if you don’t have the specified type of bean use whatever you do have!
- don’t have a can of coconut milk for the Chana Masala? no problem it’s delicious without and you cut down on your fat intake!
Something Sweet 🙂
Got a big old bag of frozen blueberries in your freezer?
Don’t be picky about the type of nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
If you haven’t found any inspiration for fabulous pantry recipes here, check out the links below:
Don’t forget to Pin it!
Stay well everyone, sending much love from The Well Fed Yogi’s kitchen to yours oxoxoxo