If you need a little sunshine in your life this is the dressing and marinade for you. With it’s gorgeous aromas of lavender, savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and oregano you can infuse the delicious flavors of the South of France into your cooking. I use this as a marinade and a dressing. It’s fantastic used to marinate almost all veggies prior to roasting or drizzled over grilled veggies just before serving. Try making herb baked fries, slice your potatoes into thin strips, coat in a mixture of oil olive, herbes de provence and a little salt and pepper, then roast in a hot oven until golden – totally delicious. This is gorgeous used to dress a lentil salad, especially if using the Le Puy French lentils, it makes a happy marriage.
You can find Herbes de Provence very easily these days in most supermarkets, however just in case, here’s a link to Williams Sonoma where you can order this lovely little pot. It makes a great gift too:)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A grinding of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1/4-1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- In a bowl combine the garlic, Herbes de Provence, mustard, black pepper, sea salt, zest and juice of a lemon.
- Whisk in the olive oil, start with a 1/4 cup and add more if needed until emulsified.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to a 5 days.