Lavender and Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 20-24 cookies 1x
1 1/4 cups vegan butter, I used Earth’s Balance Buttery Sticks
1 cup cane sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried lavender
Zest of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven to 350F
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer place the vegan butter and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, flour, salt, lavender and lemon zest. Mix until the dough is crumbly and soft. You should be able to squeeze it together in your hands.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a flat disc and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place on a lightly floured surface. Lightly flour a rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough (it will crumble) to 1/4 inch thick and cut out with a cookie cutter. I used a 2 1/2 inch fluted cutter.
- Place the cookies on the parchment paper lined cookie trays and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are just turning golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack until thoroughly cool.
Keywords: vegan, shortbread cookies, cookies,