Oh my Goodness hold onto your hats! It’s amazing how a recipe with so few ingredients can deliver such fabulous flavor. The secret is using really fresh ingredients.
The flavors come from plenty of fresh mint, green olives, lemon juice and cumin. If you have the space to grow your own mint you should absolutely do so. It’s as happy in a flower pot as it is in the ground. Mint grows like a weed so you really don’t need to tend to it much. The flavor is probably one of the most refreshing and uplifting of all herbs and just wait until you taste it in this recipe, it’s simply fantastic.
The original idea for this salad came from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s book Much More Veg which I highly recommend if you’re looking to incorporate more veggies into your diet in a really delicious way. His recipe called for preserved lemons which I didn’t have so I’ve change a few things around and it works beautifully.
You have options to make this very much your own. As mentioned I love a ton of fresh mint but adjust as you like. The olives provide a lot of saltiness so I don’t add any more, you may want to. Play around and see what works for you.
Does this Moroccan Carrot Salad keep in the fridge?
Yes! for about 3 days. I like to squeeze some more lemon juice and kick up the seasonings a little just before serving if it’s been sitting there for more than a day or so.
What’s in this Moroccan Carrot Salad?
- plenty of carrots of course
- fresh mint
- green olives which provide a lovely saltiness
- red onion
- lemon zest and juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Best Quality Olive Oil
How do I make a Moroccan Carrot Salad?
Here’s the lovely thing – in the food processor and it takes literally 2 minutes!
- peel the carrots
- pop them in the food processor along with the rest of the ingredients and blitz for about 30 seconds or so.
- taste and adjust seasonings as you desire and you’re done – yup, that’s it for an amazing side salad.
Moroccan Carrot Salad
An easy, refreshing side salad that takes about 5 minutes to make!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 side servings 1x
- Category: salad
5 carrots, peeled and cut into rough chunks
Zest and juice of a lemon
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup pitted green olives
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the peeled and roughly chopped carrots into the food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blitz for 30 seconds, take the top off the food processor and stir the ingredients around and blitz again if it’s still too chunky.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Place in a serving dish and enjoy.
Keywords: salad, vegan, side salad,
Looking for other great salads? Try these;
If you’ve whipped up this Moroccan Carrot Salad or any other recipe on The Well Fed Yogi, please do rate the recipe and leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you! If you snapped some shots of the salad please do share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!
Happy cooking and eating!