These Vegan Raw Brownies are sensationally delicious. No refined ingredients and no cooking required:)
Everyone loves these Vegan Raw Brownies, even my most sugar guzzling daughters. There’s lots of room to put your own spin on this recipe – try dried cherries or raisins – use you’re favorite nuts – cashews are amazing!! The frosting is Heavenly, thick and rich and luscious, every bit as delicious as the sugar loaded frosting of old! Honestly, give these a go with a tall glass of almond milk – I really think you’ll love them!
What’s in them?
Your choice, here are a few suggestions:
Start with a base of medjool dates then add from there, use your favorite:
Vegan chocolate has a higher percentage of cacao. Always go for at least 55% and upwards. Read PETA’S Definitive Guide to Chocolate for more information.
What equipment do I need to make them?
Honestly, it’s very helpful to have a Food Processor for this. There’s a lot of chopping and pulsing to great a lovely texture.Print
Vegan Raw Brownies
A delicious guilt free dessert.
- Prep Time: 1 hour -including chilling
- Total Time: 1 hour -including chilling
- Category: vegan, raw, dessert
- 1 cup mixed nuts, unsalted
- 1.5 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- heaping 1/4 cup mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 heaped tablespoon pure maple syrup
- tiny splash of vanilla extract
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor process the mixed nuts until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Add the pitted dates and process until finely chopped and sticky.
- Add the cacao powder, vanilla and salt and process until thoroughly combined.
- Add the further 1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts and cranberries until just combined.
- Press the mixture into prepared pan. Place in the freezer for about 1/2 an hour.
- For the glaze: Place the coconut oil over low heat in a medium pot, when the coconut oil has melted, remove from heat, then add the cacao powder, syrup, salt, and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer and pour over the chocolate topping.
- Place the the pan back in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer and slice. Enjoy.
Looking for more Chocolate Recipes?
Don’t forget to Pin it!