How to follow a Vegan Plant Based Diet – Tips for Beginners
If you make the decision to adopt a Vegan Plant Based Diet it can be tricky to know where to begin.
If you’re having trouble try these steps:
- Take a look at the RECIPES on the blog. I’ve got you covered for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks and Drinks.
- Clear out your cupboards, donating or throwing out any animal products. If they’re not there you can’t eat them!
- Download and print my FREE Vegan Plant Based Shopping list HERE
- Restock your pantry and plan your meals and snacks, making sure you have delicious food on hand so you don’t get hungry.
- Give your tastebuds a chance to adapt. You’ll be amazed how they will change!
- Be patient with yourself. Change can be hard, if you slip up just put it behind you and carry on.
- Try to connect with other vegans or plant based groups. There are many popping up all over, if you can’t find one in your local community there are plenty of facebook groups. It’s great to have support!
- Can’t commit 100% – that’s OK! start with Meatless Monday or a few meatless meals a week and build on that. You’ll come to love this way of eating quicker than you think.
- Crowd out your plate with more veggies, legumes and whole grains, eat them first – you’ll find you won’t have room for the meat:)