This Vegan Coleslaw is the perfect side dish. Serve it with burgers, vegan meat loaf or stuffed into a sandwich:)
Crunchy, tangy, “creamy” and with just enough dressing, this vegan coleslaw is a family favorite. Made with vegan mayo it’s super quick and easy to whip up. It’s just a question of a little slicing and grating. Easy if you have a food processor and not so bad if you have a sharp knife and regular grater:)
Vegan Coleslaw is a great way of adding Cruciferous vegetables to you and your family’s diet. Most family members (at least mine) don’t exactly jump for joy when I tell them we’re having cabbage for dinner. It’s a different story when the cabbage is served in the guise of coleslaw. There’s rarely any left at the end of the meal:)
What’s in the dressing?
- Vegan Mayo
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Celery seed power OR caraway seeds OR Nigella seeds, optional but very nice
- Maple syrup
How do I make it?
- Slice and grate the cabbage and carrots.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Combine the vegetables with the dressing. Toss and serve.
Can I make it in advance?
You can make it a day in advance and store it in the fridge. I wouldn’t go any longer than that however. The mixture becomes a little less crunchy and the red cabbage tends to bleed into the other ingredients if left longer.
A fabulous side dish that everyone loves.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
2 cups green cabbage, finely sliced
2 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
1 cup carrots, peeled and grated
For the dressing:
3/4 cup oil free vegan mayo
1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon celery seeds OR caraway seeds OR nigella seeds
- Remove the rough outer leaves of the cabbages.
- Finely slice the cabbage or run it through the food processor using the shredding blade.
- Peel and grate the carrots or use the food processor.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables.
- Toss to combine. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge.
Keywords: salad, raw, vegan
Looking for other fabulous salads?
Don’t forget to Pin it!
This post contains affiliate links.